Friday 12 May 2017

The Wasabi Challenge

Source: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2c/69/e7/2c69e701c1ca0863233bcbed1b789b3b.jpg 


So what is the wasabi challenge?

The wasabi challenge involves a spoon and some wasabi, the participant has to try and eat a spoon full of wasabi without the use of any liquids to help wash it down. If you don't know what wasabi is, it is a plant that is usually ground up into a paste and used as a condiment.


Source: https://img.youtube.com/vi/_-RPvC7gyWk/hqdefault.jpg
Is it that simple?

If you have ever tried wasabi it was probably in a small proportion compared to the food you were eating it with, which is for a very good reason. Wasabi is very hot, and if eaten alone in a large amount will have you reaching for water. Depending on how good you are with hot foods you can up the amount to see who can eat the most wasabi in one go or race to see who can get it down first.

Personal Experience

I haven't tried this challenge myself only because having had wasabi before at a Japanese restaurant, even with food it was too much to handle for me. I think if I was to try this challenge I would not last long before my mouth would start burning and my face would turn bright red.



No comments:

Post a Comment